We are a dynamic Run Specialty Retail company with two locations in Wilmette and Libertyville, IL that offers its sales associates the chance to work with motivated customers and amazing products while prioritizing running and fitness goals.
The Runner’s Edge, Inc. is a company with 25 years of experience making the lives of runners easier and their miles more enjoyable and rewarding. We are actively changing our business model to include more opportunities for staff of all experience levels to contribute to the success of the company. We are known for the connections we make with our staff and customers.
Our stores are lively environments with great opportunities to work closely with customers and your team.
We believe in the Importance of maintaining a healthy lifestyle with a balance of achievement, enjoyment, and community and in the role we play in helping each one of our customers to get the best from their running.
We’re looking for a sales associate with a warm, welcoming approach, education of at least 1-2 years of college, 1 or more years sales experience, but most of all the initiative and drive to grow in the position. We offer competitive wages with paid vacation time.
- Driving sales results
- Providing outstanding customer service.
- Operating our cash registers, managing financial transactions, and balancing drawers.
- Achieving established goals.
- Superior product knowledge.
- Maintaining an orderly appearance throughout the sales floor.
- Introducing promotions and opportunities to customers.
- Cross-selling products to increase purchase amounts.
- Retail sales experience.
- A professional appearance.
- Maintain a positive attitude and focus on customer satisfaction in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
Our original location is in Wilmette, IL. This is a great place to work with easy access, great parking, and amazing running and cycling right outside our door.
Why Should You Apply?
- You want to use your sales experience and love of running to help others reach their running and fitness goals.
- You want an opportunity to improve your sales skills with the support of a variety of sales training opportunities
- You want the opportunity to be trained in supply chain management and to contribute to the success of the company beyond your sales skills.
- You want to work with a team that prioritizes health and fitness for themselves and their customers.
- You want to work in an environment that will incorporate your ideas in the business framework and is open to new and innovative approaches to the marketplace.
Please send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Re: Full-time Sales position Wilmette